Do you want better insights into your website visitors? Do you want to target and retarget those leads more easily? You need a content management system (CMS).
A CMS allows digital marketers to manage content on their website. It can also integrate with analytics to provide deeper customer insights.
But here’s the problem: there are dozens of CMS platforms. Which one is the right fit for your company?
We believe Sitecore is one of the best the industry has to offer. Find out what Sitecore is and how it can deliver better quality than other popular CMS.
What Is Sitecore CMS?
Sitecore CMS is what many companies use to host their websites and manage their digital content. It is a digital marketing service that specializes in providing personalized digital experiences for its users. It accomplishes this by combining a content management system and automation technologies to help you manage your websites and reach your customers.
With Sitecore CMS, businesses can easily retain total control over their websites, including social media and eCommerce integration.
Benefits of Sitecore
But why use Sitecore? What’s the benefit of using it over other CMS platforms? Here are a handful of benefits Sitecore uniquely offers:
- Fully-capable UI for editing content
- Reasonable learning curve
- Extensive web content management options
- Holistic customer insights
- Detailed digital analytics
- Faster workflow capabilities
- Robust storage for multiple website pages
- Streamlined organizational structure
Sitecore vs. the Competition
While Sitecore CMS is a popular choice to power your business’s website, how does it compare to other CMS platforms? Here, we’ll compare Sitecore to some of the other big names.
WordPress is the leading web hosting platform and CMS service, powering 34% of the internet’s websites and capturing 60.8% of the CMS market. But just because it dominates the market does not mean it’s the best option for every company.
Here are some ways Sitecore beats out WordPress.
How It Loses to Sitecore
- Fewer customization options: Since WordPress largely relies on themes, it can be difficult to fully customize your website to give it a unique look and feel. Sitecore’s customization options make it easy to apply personalized designs across multiple different web pages and websites.
- Less built-in marketing support: Sitecore has an extensive list of capabilities for marketing integration, including AB testing and email marketing solutions. WordPress, meanwhile, has to rely on third-party widgets to offer the same kind of marketing support.
Shopify is one of the most widely used eCommerce platforms on the internet today, powering the websites of over 820,000 online merchants. However, Sitecore’s eCommerce abilities manage to give Shopify a run for its money.
How It Loses to Sitecore
- Lacks a personalized shopping experience: Shopify is great for displaying products online, but it can’t do much outside of that. Sitecore offers data-backed insight on customers that visit your website so you can retarget them and offer a customized shopper experience, which is key for building better customer relationships.
- Real-time promotions (and other features) are not included: Shopify as a base product is pretty bare-bones—you have to purchase apps to get it to perform the way Sitecore does at its basic package. For example, Sitecore enables you to make real-time promotions on products, while Shopify requires you to purchase an app to do that.
Umbraco is another CMS platform that supports over 500,000 users. This platform service prides itself on its simple and efficient workflows. We love Umbraco and use it for many of our clients, but sometimes Sitecore is the better option.
Sitecore is designed to be an all-in-one content management solution for enterprises. If you have a large, complex website with advanced features such as marketing automation, it might be the CMS for you.
Umbraco, on the other hand, is a great choice for businesses looking for flexible and customizable content editing.
Sitecore Development Services
Even if you now understand why using Sitecore is a superior choice, it can still seem daunting to start. Rest assured, you aren’t expected to build your website all on your own—especially if you have little to no web development experience.
While Sitecore has experienced staff available to assist you, they aren’t always available to answer your questions. After all, they have to support hundreds of thousands of users. So what can you do to get questions answered when you need them? You can hire a Sitecore CMS web developer through Emergent Software.
Why Hiring a Sitecore Developer Is Beneficial
With Emergent Software on your side, you gain a trusted advisor focused on achieving your goals. When you have a trained Sitecore developer at your disposal, they can help you:
- Identify template problems
- Define website content architecture
- Identify risks and gaps within your existing implementation
- Gain a greater understanding of your CMS needs
- Implement digital assets into your CMS and website
- Develop custom coding to create a unique experience for your brand
- Maintain and support your website after an update goes live
Get Started with a Sitecore CMS Expert Today
Having a Sitecore CMS expert in your corner is essential if you want to manage your website the right way. Doing so means better customer engagement and improved insights into your customers’ behaviors.
Contact Emergent Software to get connected with a Sitecore CMS expert today.
To enable comments sign up for a Disqus account and enter your Disqus shortname in the Articulate node settings.